Abacus Automation is built from a diverse and accomplished group of mechanical engineering designers, software developers, drafts people, mechanical and electrical technician who share a common goal in applying the highest level of problem-solving skills and exceptional customer service to each-and-every client. We are currently looking for future team members for the following roles:
We are seeking a Controls Programmer, a Mechanical Engineering Manager, and an outside Sales Representative to become an integral part of our team!
- Develop and expand features and products using a variety of programming languages
- Review project requirements and write technical specifications
- Debug, test, and fix errors
- Document code development and revisions
- Create and use software tools to help automate writing code
- Associates Degree or 2 years’ experience in programming, software development, or other related fields
- Create machine programs for any or all of the following: PLC, HMI, PC, AB, Siemens, robots, servos, and vision systems
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Oversee the department to create designs for custom automation equipment utilizing pneumatics, servos, robotics, hydraulics, and cam driven components.
- Direct the activities of the mechanical engineering department
- Set guidelines and standards for machine design
- Ensure the designs meet customer specifications
- Track and review actual costs verses budget for all commercial and fabricated components
- Instruct and guide the department to keep the Abacus standard
- Ensure all mechanical components for projects are ordered and available as needed
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5 years’ experience as machine designer
- Be knowledgeable with the use of Solid Works
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Outside Sales Representative
Abacus Automation has delivered turn-key flexible automation solutions for manufacturing for over 30+ years. We provide the entire development and production process, from inception to delivery. Our customer’s satisfaction is paramount for each step in the process.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Abacus Automation, Inc.
264 Shields Drive
Bennington, VT 05201
If you’ve got the skills and attitude that we need, please email us your resume by CLICKING HERE. You can also just upload your resume and fill in your contact info below. Please include a cover letter and a FEW lines to tell us how you’re qualified. We look forward to hearing from you!